This was the one of the most outrageous stories I have heard in a while
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6281247.stm
Basically China released a missile into space, destroying and old weather Satellite. Although the Satellite that was hit belonged to China and was worthless anyways, questions have come up from all around the world demanding an explanation to China’s test.
China’s foreign minister claimed China is against the militarization of Space, and advocates space being used for peaceful purposes. However he did not mention what the intention of the missile being launched actually was. "I can't say anything about the reports. I really don't know." Said Liu Jianchao, China’s foreign minister. The U.S. and Japan are concerned that China is looking to take an arms race into outer space.
This is a major concern because China may now have the potential to destroy US or any satellite. It also is suspicious how China wouldn’t give the reason for their test. But is there seriously a possibility of an arms race spreading into space? It would be ironic if this ends up being a new style of warfare.
No comments:
Post a Comment